KSP Investigating Cockfighting Event in Lynn Grove, KY
Date of News Release: 02/07/2016
(Lynn Grove, KY.) – At approximately 7:20 p.m. on February 6th, Kentucky State Police Post 1 responded to a report of a cockfighting event being held in a building off of Protemus Road in Lynn Grove, KY. When Kentucky State Police Troopers arrived they found over 30 dead gamecocks as well as over 35 live roosters and hens. Troopers located 22 individuals on scene. 19 of the individuals were cited and released for Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor).
- Joseph L. Brown of Mayfield, KY - 27 years-old
- Harold A. Brown of Mayfield, KY - 31 years-old
- Brian N. Brown of Harlan, KY - 38 years-old
- Cody A. Wilburn of Whitehouse, TN - 24 years-old
- Jessica J. Wilburn of Whitehouse, TN - 29 years-old
- Tina L. Condra of Goodlettsville, TN - 45 years-old
- Walter L. Condra of Goodlettsville, TN - 49 years-old
- Timonthy J. Condra Jr. of Goodlettsville, TN - 19 years-old
- Marvin W. Roberson of Murray, KY - 55 years-old
- Bobby R. Denton of Buchanan, TN - 58 years-old
- David E. Crick of Dexter, KY - 68 years-old
- Heather L. Newland of Ashland City, TN - 36 years-old
- Larry E. Newland of Ashland City, TN - 64 years-old
- Mark E. Newland of Ashland City, TN - 47 years-old
- Eugene C. Newland of Charlotte, TN - 37 years-old
- Wyatt S. Krantz of Nashville, TN - 44 years-old
- Michael W. Orr of Water Valley, KY - 41 years-old
- Sandra B. Delk of Franklin, TN - 40 years-old
- Robert G. Watts Jr. of Springfield, TN - 37 years-old
Additionally, 50 year-old Billy Biggs of Adolphus, KY was arrested on two unrelated outstanding arrest warrants and also charged with Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor), 23 year-old Seth Burnett of Murray, KY was arrested for Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree (Methamphetamine) (a Class D Felony), Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (a Class A Misdemeanor), and also charged with Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor). The owner of the building, 53 year-old Jack Morgan of Benton, KY was arrested for Cruelty to Animals, 2nd Degree (a Class A Misdemeanor).
A small camper and box trailer were located on scene. These trailers were being used to house the live poultry. The camper and box trailer along with approximately $4,000 in cash were seized from the scene. The poultry have been turned over to the Humane Society of Calloway County. The investigation continues by Trooper Aaron Jestes.
KSP was assisted on scene by The Calloway County Sheriff's Office and the Humane Society of Calloway County.