KSP Post 2 January 2016 Activity Report
Date of News Release: 02/01/2016
Madisonville, KY - Captain Brent White, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of January 2016:
- Arrested 12 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,518 Citations
- Issued 774 Speeding Citations
- Issued 114 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 10 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 566 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 71 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 203 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 634 Calls for Service
- Opened 52 Criminal Cases
- Made 138 Criminal Arrests
**There were two fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of two lives reported in the Post 2 District in January 2016:
- Two, single-fatality crashes occurred in Hopkins County.
- Both victims were wearing a seatbelt.
Through January 31, 2015, five people had been killed in four fatal crashes in the Post 2 District.
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.