KSP Post 2 February 2016 Activity Report
Date of News Release: 03/01/2016
Madisonville, KY - Captain Brent White, Commander KSP Post 2 Madisonville, reports the following activity for the month of February 2016:
- Arrested 23 Impaired Drivers
- Issued a Total of 1,209 Citations
- Issued 552 Speeding Citations
- Issued 96 Seatbelt Citations
- Issued 4 Child Restraint Citations
- Issued 495 Courtesy Notices
- Investigated 68 Traffic Crashes
- Assisted 170 Stranded Motorists
- Responded to 607 Calls for Service
- Opened 45 Criminal Cases
- Made 130 Criminal Arrests
**There were two fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of two lives reported in the Post 2 District in February 2016: /p>
- Single-fatality crashes occurred in Caldwell and Hopkins Counties.
- One victim was wearing a seatbelt and one victim was not wearing a seatbelt.
Through February 29, 2016, there have been four fatal crashes that resulted in the loss of four lives reported in the Post 2 District: one victim was not wearing a seatbelt and three victims were wearing a seatbelt.
Through February 28, 2015, seven people had been killed in five fatal crashes in the Post 2 District.
KSP has a toll-free number (1-800-222-5555) that citizens can call to confidentially report impaired drivers or criminal activity. They can also download the free KSP mobile phone app. The app provides quick, direct access to KSP including weather, road and traffic information as well as text, voice and photo tip capabilities to report criminal behavior. The app is available for iPhone, iPad and Android applications and can be easily downloaded free of charge through Apple and Google Play stores.
Post 2 serves the following counties: Caldwell, Christian, Crittenden, Hopkins, Muhlenberg, Todd, and Webster.
**These statistics are still preliminary as KSP waits for all local law enforcement agencies throughout the state to report any crashes and fatalities that may have occurred in their areas.