Pursuit Leads to Felony Arrest in Warren County
Date of News Release: 04/28/2016
(Bowling Green, KY) - The Kentucky State Police Post 3 Bowling Green received a report last night from the Portland Police Department in Tennessee that Whitehouse Police Department was in pursuit of a white BMW. They had been in pursuit of this same vehicle earlier in the day and the operator was observed covered in blood and leaving the scene of a domestic disturbance in the limits of Portland. At approx. 10:43 pm Troopers located the vehicle northbound on Interstate 65 around mile marker 5. When Troopers attempted to stop the vehicle he fled and lead police on a pursuit through two counties, Simpson and Warren, where it ended in the limits of Bowling Green.
During the pursuit the suspect struck multiple police cruisers and drove at a high rate of speed in an attempt to get away. Tire deflation devices were used to assist in stopping him, but the pursuit ended when a Trooper used his cruiser to stop the fleeing vehicle and the suspect was boxed in where he could not continue to drive. At this point the suspect was taken into custody.
Bret Chadwick (26) of Portland, TN was arrested and lodged in the Warren County Regional Jail where he was charged with:
- Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree (Police Officer)-6 counts
- Fleeing or Evading Police 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Criminal Mischief 1st Degree
- Operating Motor Vehicle Under the Influence Alcohol/Drugs 4th or greater Offenses (Aggravating Circumstances)
- Driving DUI Suspended License 3rd Offense (Aggravating Circumstances)
- Resisting Arrest
- Speeding 26 or greater
- Failure of Owner to Maintain Required Insurance 1st Offense
- Improper Display of Registration Plates
- Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear
The investigation is still ongoing and being conducted by Trooper Shae Foley. He was assisted by multiple Troopers of KSP Post 3, Simpson and Warren County Sheriff's Department, and Franklin and Bowling Green Police Department. No further details can be released at this time.