KSP Arrests Dawson Springs Man after Pursuit
Date of News Release: 2/21/2018
Nortonville, KY (Hopkins County)- – On February 20, 2018 at approximately 10:55 a.m., Trooper Stuart Recke observed a 1992 Chevrolet pickup traveling west bound at a high rate of speed on US 62, a few miles west of Nortonville. Trooper Recke initiated his emergency equipment to stop the vehicle, but the operator failed to comply.
The vehicle continued west through the Dawson Springs city limits and continued into Caldwell County where he the vehicle turned onto Long Break Road. The vehicle continued back into Hopkins County where it ran off the roadway at the intersection of Olney Road and Walton Calvert Road.
The operator then exited his vehicle in attempt to flee on foot, but was quickly subdued by law enforcement. The operator of the vehicle was identified as Shawn Blanton, 40, of Dawson Springs, and was found to be in possession of suspected marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Shawn Blanton was arrested and lodged in the Hopkins County Detention Center where he was charged with the following:
1) Speeding 26 MPH or > Speed Limit
2) Improper Passing
3) Disregarding Stop Sign
4) Reckless Driving
5) No Operators License
6) Failure to Register Transfer of Motor Vehicle
7) Failure of Non-owner to Maintain Required Insurance, 1st Offense
8) Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
9) Fleeing or Evading Police, 2nd Degree (On Foot)
10) Resisting Arrest
11) Wanton Endangerment-1st Degree
12) Criminal Mischief, 1st Degree
13) Possession of Marijuana
14) Drug Paraphernalia- Buy/Possess