- Public Safety Telecommunicator I (Grade 10):
$41,084.16 (+ $3,100 training stipend once certified)
- Public Safety Telecommunicator II (Grade 12):
$49,714.08 (+ $3,100 training stipend)
- Public Safety Telecommunicator III (Grade 13):
$52,083.20 (+ $3,100 training stipend)
- Public Safety Telecommunications Supervisor (Grade 14):
$57,632.00 (+ $3,100 training stipend)
- Public Safety Telecommunications Manager (Grade 16):
$69,317.48 (+ $3,100 training stipend)
After the successful completion of the 12 month probationary period candidates will receive a 5% pay increase.
As an employee for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you will receive benefits which can be found by clicking here. Additionally, these positions are available to enroll in the following:
- *Legal Defense Fund eligibility
- *Mutual Assistance eligibility
Typical work schedule includes nights, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts.
Compensatory leave is available in lieu of paid overtime. In instances where candidates are required to work holidays they will accrue Comp time. Work is performed indoors with prolonged periods of sitting. High stress environment. A five-week academy is mandatory and held in Frankfort. Candidates will be required to stay in Frankfort during that time with room and board provided.